HOW DO I REPORT AN ISSUE WITH GW2CP? #
Succinctly put: With as much information as possible.
Without a thorough understanding of your circumstances to reproduce an issue, it is difficult and near impossible to understand the issue and get it fixed given the scope of functionality provided by gw2cp.
Therefore, to be able to process issue reports efficiently, please make sure that you accompany your issue report with as much information as possible. Use the below checklist to help you provide that information where applicable. And document your issue report in the #gw2cp channel in the gw2cc discord.
- Does the problem persist even with gw2cp disabled?
- Can the problem be consistently reproduced? Explain how…
- An explanation of the problem you are experiencing and what you are expecting.
- What you were doing when this happened, game modes and activities are important.
- Attach logs, preferably logs with debug level detail. You can change this using the preferences window. Logs can be found by pasting the following into your run dialog.
- Screenshots or short recordings demonstrating the full extent of the issue you are reporting. Take care to hide identifiable information such as player and names, chat text (including chat bubbles). If it is not possible to censor this information, leave this out of your issue report and mention that the content is available and needs to be directly messaged to the gw2cp developer.
- Information such as your build, weapons, profession and a profile are always helpful.
- Answer requests for more information as promptly as possible.
WHAT BUILDS SHOULD I USE WITH GWCP? #
This is subject to perspective and public opinion. To get an answer to this requires a little bit of engagement with the discord community and making sure that some premeditated thought goes into asking this question.
Builds that work well with gw2cp are already included with your gw2cc launcher package and can be seen in the profile management window.
The gw2cp documentation makes no assumption or recommendations towards a definitive answer.
What is the intended purpose of the build you are looking for?
While this might seem obvious, many have arrived and blankly asked this question and are greeted with the above followup question.
Given that this is a game design aspect: Players need to disclose the profession they want to play, the role they want to play as and the type of content they want to challenge to get the best possible response from the community.